Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Final for World Lit.

World Lit. has been jammed with many books somewhere good other didn't compare to the others. The two books that I would have to say took the other books out of the picture would have to bee Power of One and Haroun and the Sea of Stories. These two books where by far the easiest to read and get into. Power of One is a very well put together story that takes you through the life of a young English boy in Africa around the time of World War II. Haroun is a story of a boy who has a father that tells wonderful stories and they go on this giant adventure to get the story telling back to his father. This book came as a surprise I wasn’t expecting it to be very good, but in end up being one of the better stories we read in the class. These are the two stories that other students should get into and read in this class.

The one book that wasn’t very good to me was the Joy Luck Club. I really didn’t enjoy the stories it was depressing and really hard to get into and read the book. It tells stories about Chinese families and there all pretty sad and just not that enjoyable to read for me it wasn’t at least. I think for other classes if you had to take a book out this would be the one that would be the best choice of all.

With this class we got to do blogs on the internet. It was new and I thought fun to put into a class it changed regular old school work for us by putting it on something we don’t use in school very often. I think continuing this would be a good idea I think other kids would enjoy this and makes it a little easier to work on then writing pages of homework. This takes you out a regular class room work and changed things up, change can be good with this it was good and I really enjoyed working on blogs. With kids being on computers more and spending tons of time on them, this made it so we could work on the computer while we look up things on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment