Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Childhood conflict

When I was in my younger years I was a little trouble some at times. If my mom told me not to do something that I thought would be fun to I when I got the chance I’d usually be doing what I was told not to. Boy would she get made and I get in some big trouble. When I was about 7 years old I had a thing for knifes like most little boys they were cool, fun, and shiny. Well I wasn’t very skilled with a knife lets just say I couldn’t quite cut like a pro chef could. That still didn’t stop me so I’d sneak in my parents room and fine my dad’s pocket knife then take off out the door like a cheetah was after me. I’d use it to cut tree branches off and other stuff, but that usually lead to me fingers getting in the way. So I’d run inside my house crying my eyes out my mom would ask what happened and I’d tell her. Well after about the 8th time cutting myself I was in some trouble my mom said if I where to cut myself again I’d be sent to my room with out getting a band aid or anything. Well me being the little scamp that I was took that pocket knife out and played around the once again cut my finger. So I went to the house telling my mom I needed a banded, but she remembers what she told me. Well I wasn’t to happy o about that I mean I was bleeding I needed serious medical help what I thought. So I said no I need a band aid I’m not going to my room. Well my mom said if I didn’t I’d get in even bigger trouble for not listening to her. So me crying even more ran to my room now upset and bleeding still. Laid on my bed yelling mom, but she let me lay there for a little. Then after awhile she came in and got me a band aid. Let’s just say that after that knife weren’t as appealing to me.
I think my mom was mad at me not because I cut myself again, but because I didn’t listen to what she said. I think that she wanted to show me that doing something that I’m not suppose to could lead to some punishment

No comments:

Post a Comment