Monday, May 11, 2009

childhood impact story

Well much of my childhood memory has been lost through out my long 18 years of life. I think most of the reason has been my head injuries getting 6 concussions I think messes with the brain a little. One of these injuries was obtained while riding with my mom home from lunch after a hot day of work. We were driving along the way on a gravel road to our house which was just about 7 miles and a river away from my moms work. It was a normal hot day and we were all hungry for we worked up quite and appetite from work in the morning. So where driving from work we are closing in on this turn which you can’t see the other side as the trees blocked view to the other side. So we take the turn we move on the inside of the turn because there usually no one diving the rode, but today was the day Norbie’s wife was going to work as we rounded the corner her vehicle came around at the same time. (Norbie and Debby where the other family that would and lived on the same ranch where my family lived and my dad worked.) We hit front ends we where wearing seat belts so we got some massive frontal movement that through my head into the windshield cracking it. I ended up with glass in my forehead and was bleeding. So my dad came picked me up and we went to the emergency room so I could get checked out. After we check to make sure Debby was okay and not injured. They cleared the glass out as best they could and I was sent home with a cut up head and a massive headache. I really didn't know what to do I was young a kind of out of it with the head injury, but I was glad everyone turned out okay and Know one was seriously injured.
I learned that it is wise to wear a seat belt even if it’s just a little drive to your house anything can happen and you should be safe no matter what you are doing. We got lucky that we weren’t moving at high speeds or else a lot more damage could have happened to both sides and that could have been very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment